November 10th 2014 | ‘HOSPA Spotlight’ panel to provide ‘Hospitality cures for sleepless night anxieties!’
The authoritative HOSPACE 2014 ‘HOSPA Spotlight’ panel of industry specialists to discuss, explore and illustrate ‘Hospitality cures for sleepless night anxieties – from fraud and PCI compliance, to OTA commissions, purchasing technology, and the challenges surrounding an industry coming out of recession’, has been revealed.
The panellists – bringing their particular experience and expertise to the second in-depth, 70-minute ‘HOSPA Spotlight’ at HOSPACE 2014 on 20 November – will include:
- Jim Gee, Partner and Head of Forensic and Counter Fraud Services, PKF Littlejohn
- Paul Nisbett, Finance & Commercial Director, The Hotel Collection, and Chairman of the HOSPA Finance Community
- Bryan Steele, Head of IT, Royal Automobile Club (RAC), and Chairman of the HOSPA IT Community
- Rajesh Vohra, Sales & Marketing Director, Sarova Hotels, who is also President of HEDNA’s (Hotel Electronic Distribution Network Association) Board of Directors
- HOSPA is delighted that one of the world’s most distinguished and respected hotel advisers, HVS Chairman Russell Kett, has agreed to chair the session.
“This is an in-depth, wide-ranging discussion embracing many of the most pressing challenges – such as rising utility costs, meeting and managing guest technology expectations, and the new challenge (for many of our members and delegates) of trading coming out of a recession – currently giving many hospitality finance, revenue management and IT professionals sleepless nights,” explained HOSPA Chief Executive Carl Weldon. “Guiding our excellent and multi-disciplined line-up of panellists through such thorny issues, we are very fortunate to have one of the industry’s most experienced and distinguished advisors, Russell Kett – the recipient of a special HOSPA Lifetime Achievement Award in 2011, in recognition of his ‘outstanding commitment to improving best practice financial management’ right from HOSPA’s inception in 1969 as the British Association of Hotel Accountants.”
The first ever ‘HOSPA Spotlight’ will be the focal point of HOSPACE 2014’s morning sessions and will shine on the ‘Data Insights Revolution’, whilst the second ‘HOSPA Spotlight’ will provide the centre-piece for the afternoon discussions. Both HOSPA Spotlights’ will be supported by the latest cutting-edge, interactive technology to ensure full delegate participation – including voting on issues raised.
Delegates, and those unable to attend HOSPACE 2014, can interact on the day with the Conference –to be held at the Sofitel London Heathrow, Terminal 5 – by tweeting on ‘@HOSPATweets’. HOSPA has over 14,000 followers on all social media platforms, and the Association would be delighted for industry members to join in the discussions via social media on 20th November.